Monday, May 4, 2009

One of Those Nights

It's hard to hold back what I already know
To shelter these feelings that constantly grow
I miss you more than anyone can imagine
I think of those years and what could have been


This loneliness taunts me when I look back at certain places
My heart it holds strong to your memory which it embraces
I picture you now with that smile and heart of gold
If I can hold you now I would do it without having to be told

"Come here my little niece give your Uncle a hug" you would say...
I'd smile as I would happily...happily go your way
It was as if I were the only one to be centered on this earth
You made me feel so special-you've done so since my birth

Your absence leaves me silent and my mind yet filled with love
The silence isn't always bad when I think of God above
I know you're with us now and then
You let it be known and I thank you as much as I can

I may be the one who gets lonely
But I'm not alone you see
I'm carrying on your memory
Like you would want it to be

No comments: